Close

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Odd, still dead. Hah!

haelo ario. good to know you're still ballin here

Hey, i'm back from long dead. I would love to RP, but I have no idea how to (been RPing in ArmA 2 and DayZ SA but that was thru voice). Are there any tutorials on how to text RP or something? Thanks.

I guess it should be pretty much the same. You just describe everything thats happening, from the environment to your character's talk, thoughts and interaction with the world. There was a nice guide Lorlen once wrote but I believe that was lost with the old forums.

I've been exporting what little RP I can find, for nostalgia's sake or some other redeeming quality that I can't put my finger on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristjanmn View Post
    Hey, i'm back from long dead. I would love to RP, but I have no idea how to (been RPing in ArmA 2 and DayZ SA but that was thru voice). Are there any tutorials on how to text RP or something? Thanks.

DayZ is a great game for RP, if you have the right bunch of people. We should play some time...

On Topic:
    MK (Eng) will never be revived with only a hand full of players. Even as loyal as you guys are.
    What we need is publicity: A new Gothic game, Film or TV Series.
    An example from our cousins: Forum RPGs - After the original Lord of the Rings trilogie, there were dozends of Forum-RPGs based on LotR. By 2010 they had reduced to 2 active ones. Now with the Hobbit movies we are back on over 10 LotR Forums in German language alone.
    The way I see it MK rose with Gothic 2, picked up pace with Gothic 3, peaked with Gothic 4 and went down with Risen.
    An eventuell Gothic 5 may or may not spark the fire again. The story must be related to the colony. Like a reboot of Gothic 1.
    But that's out of our hands. Until then all we can do is set up a few events, maybe become somewhat active for a month or two and then die again.

Anyway, end of March I will have more time and also would like to RP again. So, if you guys set something up, I'm in.

I'm still alright with periodical activity during summer, but we haven't had much luck these last two years, because we don't have a place to get organized since WoGEN is dead. We could use The Old Camp, which is owned by one of the former mods, but I doubt people could be bothered with that.

Anyway, what's new in you guys' life?
    Last edited by Ariogaisus; 18.02.2015 at 20:34.

Are there any play-by-post games similar to this one? All the others seem to be based on a forum system. Although I was a fan of them long ago, I've grown to love MK's walls of colourful text along with everything else and it's difficult to go back.
    Any suggestions?

I don't know, how far along MKX is or if it's even being made anymore. If it is, then there's always the question whether or not it will catch on. There's a lot of questions on my mind right now.
    Last edited by Ariogaisus; 10.06.2015 at 20:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariogaisus View Post
    I don't know, how far along MKX is or if it's even being made anymore.
    It doesn't seem like it, but in the last few years, there has been a lot of making plans and concepts, testing and working be done by me (and me alone). I didn't speak up much because I didn't have much to show for. Now, while I still have nothing that is finished or even conceptually finished, I think I have a better idea about what we're even trying to achieve, what won't work and what could work.
    One of the main problems for me is and was that I'm working alone and there are next to none people around me willing to help like they did when the MK3 was built. It's hard to keep up motivation over a span of months and years if you're neither paid nor getting company.
    We also had some great side projects, like the Gothic-Minecraft-Server, that simply rolled over and died because there was no interest - and I still think the Minecraft project would be the most immersive Gothic MMO experience one could have, even in competition with "real" Gothic Multiplayer projects.
    But I digress, this is about text based roleplay (which could be done in MC but... yeah yeah I'll stop now).

And yes, I haven't been as active as I used to and promised to. I could offer excuses, my deteriorating health, my financial situation which means I need to put what little energy I have into freelance working, but that's not it. It's that looking at the MK makes me feel somewhat helpless and maybe even depressed. The MK, although nothing really big, still was so far the "greatest" thing I built in my lifetime, and I just let it slide - it's gone now, just came to an end.
    I sincerely love every single one of you that has ever been part of the "MK experience", even those of you I fucking hate (). I have been thinking about you every day for the last years, but I don't know how to bring it back. If I knew, I'd do.
    Until then, I will try and test and discuss and make plans and experiment to find what exactly must be done to bring that feeling back. And I will try to have those conversations about MK's future more publicly, if there is any interest.