Close

Gothic Texturepack

//Canceled

Hey Folks!

I really like the Texturepack on the server, it fits pretty well with what we are doing. But since Gothic is a quite dark game with an awesome atmosphere, which we want to recreate in Minecraft, I always thought it would be awesome to have original (or at least slightly changed) textures from Gothic. So I searched for existing TPs, but only found this.
    The TP is actually really good, but its completely outdated and doesnt work with the new texture system, Mojang introduced in version 1.5
    I then decided to rework it a little (added textures for new Items (mainly taken from Misa), adjust some existing textures and make it working with the new texture system).

I am definetly not done yet - lot of details and bigger stuff to do (Adjust bricks, rework cobble moss, sand, dispenser, probs with the grass etc..)

Anyways, it would be awesome if you could check it out, currently i only have a 64x Version, so you need mcpatcher or a similar programm (If you have problems installing it, contact me), Ill probably do a 16x Version later on, but converting it is a looong and boring work - sorry to everybody who cant run the 64x version.

Also Id like to hear the opinion of our admins to use this as the server TP (or atleast a 16x version), I am already trying to make everything fit as it does at the moment (eg. sand and sandstone slabs looking the same, so the world doesnt look completely fucked up)

Download here

Have fun with it and dont forget telling me if you find any bugs or have tips for improvement!
    Last edited by quawalle2; 10.06.2013 at 13:24.

Screenshots would be great!
    @minenkolonie
    I'm tweeting for the Minenkolonie. Supporting tweets are appreciated
    Ich tweete für die Minenkolonie. Tweets in denen ihr uns vermerkt sind sehr gerne gesehen
    (https://twitter.com/minenkolonie)

Nick: styggje

If this fits in with the direction we're currently going, does not violate any building guidelines (like "no repurposing of block functions/properties") and is available in a version running flawlessly on vanilla clients (eg 16px), we can hold a poll on which texture pack to use. Word of advice though, you can't just "scale down" your images to create Minecraft textures, you'd need to draw them pixel per pixel by hand.

Quote Originally Posted by flynn View Post
    Screenshots would be great!

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1721657-gothic-texture-pack/#entry21345642

It is the Original TP, its basically the same, just for some impression of it

Quote Originally Posted by Feindbild View Post
    If this fits in with the direction we're currently going, does not violate any building guidelines (like "no repurposing of block functions/properties") and is available in a version running flawlessly on vanilla clients (eg 16px), we can hold a poll on which texture pack to use. Word of advice though, you can't just "scale down" your images to create Minecraft textures, you'd need to draw them pixel per pixel by hand.
    As I said I am trying to make the blocks function the same as they do now..
    And yes, you can "scale them down", ofcourse you have to do a lot of fixing pixels and stuff but it actually works, especially to get the gothic atmosphere (I already tried it a long time ago, with another TP, when you could scale it down with 2 clicks, worked quite well)

Well I just noticed major problems with the textures, the original creator did a lot of shitty work, eg. the cobble stone has sharp edges, which do not fit with the same block right next to it..
    Id rather create everything on my own again instead of using this TP..
    But since Im a quite lazy person I porobably wont do one one my own..

i didn't recognize these are specific gothic textures... this is kind of awesome! i'll try those out for myself at least. thanks for the tipp!

I have to say that this would actually make our RP efforts a lot easier (when we're done with building) but if noone volunteers to keep updating this TP (and I won't be the one), then we stick with the we have there right now.
    mk3.minenkolonie.com

Mastermind Igr
    az
    Fence
    Baltram
    Novice Zuben
    Hunter Garond

mc.minenkolonie.com

[Admin] Lojza5